Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Birthday Dinner


I seem to be moving toward a food blog nowadays but that is ok for the time being, at least for me. I need to practice more anyway to remember those skills that have been slipping over time from lack of use. I do enjoy cooking although I am not fond of recipes. I enjoy myself much more when I can just play based on what is available and what my taste buds think will taste good on any given day. It usually turns out at least edible if not excellent. Even so, I am always consoled by the fact that pizza is only a phone call away if it is a failed experiment. The plate above was what I cooked for my birthday. Regretfully, I ended up working much of the day but it is all good. The chicken roulette was stuffed with minced sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, fresh spinach leaves, parmesan and various spices and then baked with a little bacon. I sautéed the rest of the spinach in butter and garlic and then scrambled in an egg to make sure any bitterness would be sucked out. The tomato is fresh from my plants and those have been a delight all around this year. The zucchini and squash were sautéed in various spices and a touch of olive oil. While I thought my spice choices could warrant some adjustments it turned out overall to be a nice dinner. If Ale had been with me, I am sure it would have been a perfect night!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Am I lucky or what??? Mike will do the cooking!!! wooohoooo!!!! :D

August 2, 2006 at 8:47:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Mike said...

I am the lucky one...but hopefully you will enjoy my cooking...either that or we will live on pizza :P *BWSK*

August 2, 2006 at 9:23:00 PM EDT  
Blogger paris parfait said...

This makes me hungry just to read about your wonderful dinner!

August 27, 2006 at 4:43:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home