Sunday, October 01, 2006

50 Things About Me

Reading lists from other blogs it seemed like an entertaining thing to try myself.

1.) I am in love with a wonderful person and we are hopeful that we will be together in the near future.

2.) I enjoy cooking and am not a very picky eater. Fish is probably the thing that I am least fond of but even that is not a horrible prospect for me if it is on my plate.

3.) Shrimp are probably my single favorite thing to eat.

4.) I was born in Mississippi, raised in Georgia, and now live in North Carolina.

5.) I have set foot in 21 states in the US.

6.) I have set foot in Mexico, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, and the Bahamas.

7.) Needless to say I enjoy travel and hope to greatly expand my list of places visited (With A. to share them with me, of course :) )

8.) I like and get along with all animals, but I am more of a cat person than a dog person.

9.) I have never broken a bone (although I should have a few times)

10.) I have impaled my foot on a nail two different times as a kid.

11.) It took me 5 years to get my 2 year degree although I finished my 4 year on schedule after that mark.

12.) I spent much of my early childhood on a chicken farm with roughly 20,000 chickens laying eggs that had to be picked up.

13.) I don't remember not knowing how to ride a horse (or how to fall of one...heh) although I would be saddle sore quick nowadays.

14.) I have never had a reaction to poison ivy even after distinctly rubbing it on my skin to prove the point.

15.) My degree is in computer science.

16.) I am 33 and honestly kind of enjoying my 30's...at the very least it seems each year keeps improving.

17.) I tend to be shy in a group especially if they are strangers although I am not often timid. I would just rather listen.

18.) I am a Leo. (but don't believe in the Zodiac beyond its recreational value)

19.) I played the clarinet throughout jr. high and high school including sitting first chair, making district band every year of high school and qualifying for state band twice although the closest I got there was first runner-up. After school was over I have never really played again although I still own a clarinet.

20.) One of my gym classes in college was dance. We learned the basic steps to a number of styles like the Waltz, Foxtrot, Jitterbug, Polka, Tango, and several more. I don't remember how to do a single one....

21.) I had shoulder length hair and an earring in high school...I am now close cut and have long since lost the earring.

22.) I was voted most likely to rebel by my graduating class in high school.

23.) I smoke (but I am trying to quit...ack)

24.) I enjoy photography, poetry, theatre, art, architecture.

25.) I also enjoy white water rafting, primitive camping, hiking, boating.

26.) I would love to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. (although I am not sure if I will ever do this one)

27.) I have clearly seen most of the bone of my right middle finger (construction accident).

28.) I have a bad habit of either not thinking or over thinking most things. I seem to end up at one extreme or the other much too often.

29.) I tend to prefer deep vibrant colors.

30.) Although I am not color blind, I have difficulty really distinguishing subtle shades of color in dim or fluorescent lighting.

31.) I wear glasses (I have never been able to override by blink instinct to be able to wear contacts)

32.) I organized a pet show at the age of 11 (or so) including finding a "Corporate" sponsor to pay for trophies, a local business to host the show, another to setup tents, etc. We had a reasonable turn out and my cat at the time won the trophy in the innovative category of "cat with the loudest purr" albeit amidst scandalous claims of judging bias (also arranged by me consisting of a few of the local vets). It was for a scout badge that I later found out was supposed to have been a project for the whole pack.

33.) Key lime pie is probably my favorite dessert (although peach or blackberry cobbler is close)

34.) I am not a very consistent blogger, hence a supremely boring one.

35.) Did I mention that I am in love with a wonderful person? It certainly bears repeating! :)

Ummm...did I say 50...I meant 35...:)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wHOUA!!!!!
My best regards Mister Mike!

October 2, 2006 at 4:13:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Andrea Lopez Estrada said...

I have never broken a bone either, the 35 things are quite interesting haha.

Greetings.

October 2, 2006 at 12:07:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Catalina said...

very interesting Mike! I loved the one about the pet show! I hope you and Ale will be together soon!
And you are a great blogger!

October 6, 2006 at 2:46:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Alex said...

I am happy to find out I know a lot about you. About the primitive camping and all that Flintstones life style.. OooOh :S *gulp*

October 9, 2006 at 2:23:00 AM EDT  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Yes, being in love with a wonderful person bears repeating! Fascinating and fun meme.

October 12, 2006 at 7:50:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Michael Dickson said...

I too lived on a chicken farm in Georgia as a child. I too played a clarinet in jr. high school. I also love key lime pie. I have jumped out of an airplane. Try it.

October 25, 2006 at 9:21:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Catalina said...

Hi Mike! thank you for dropping by! a big hug! How are you doing?

November 16, 2006 at 12:28:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home