Sunday, October 01, 2006

Brine and Breath

I felt you in my dreams again
in a momentary touch that speaks
of today, yesterday, and tomorrow.

You whisper of weeping willows
and meandering mossy glistenings
hanging on a feverish dawn's blush.

I sighed the morning's tidal wash
of brine and breath overflowing
knowing the crashing wave's courage.

Touchmarks gleaming upon cheek
and lips scald with heat unchecked
as the horizon peeks in fiery envy.

Dreams, desires, or consumption
what is this momentary sensation
hope's despair, or life as a dream?


08/16/2004

3 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

And you tell me you are not a poet... HUM! I think you are!
*BWSK*

October 9, 2006 at 2:24:00 AM EDT  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Really gorgeous poem! Thank you for sharing it.

October 12, 2006 at 7:50:00 AM EDT  
Blogger Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely poem especially the line 'you whisper of weeping willows'.

December 5, 2006 at 10:56:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home